Pages

Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Don't Cry Over Spilt Milk......



I can't believe the price of everything is going up! It is so frustrating.... I understand we live in Hawaii and milk is already expensive....but 6.99-8.99!!!?? It's outrageous! The store sale was 2 for $10...some sale. I stood in front of the dairy section for like 10 minutes trying to decided if I should even buy it... I bought our last gallon of milk. I've made the decision to settle for powdered milk next time......seriously. I refuse to pay that much and if I can get more for my money I will, even if it doesn't taste exactly like the real stuff.
Gas is crazy expensive too but....the milk just pushed me over the edge haha I was shocked... we will just stop driving and stop drinking liquid milk I guess :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Steph and Levi!

I have been milk free since the last time I had poor quality ice cream and woke up in the middle of the night with a severe case of that lactose intolerance stuff..... nuff said about that!
I have also quit the other dietary love of my life, peanut butter. Noticed every time I had peanut butter, I would stuff up with difficulty breathing.

Hang in there with the milk thingy..... and when you come visit, we'll have a milk and Ice cream party!

Love,

Pappa M

Nicole said...

Stephanie!!
That is outrageous! I thought $4 a gallon was getting a little up there...but you have us beat. However, I feel less bad for you because you get to live in hawaii close to the beach, and I'm in Idaho!! Just kidding. I love all your pics. Take care!

Sherwoods said...

I feel ya! Those prices are about the same as New York. Insane! You're not alone.

A Day To Remember said...

Hi Steph,
Did you try the half and half with powdered milk thing? Not sure if it would be very good.

I'll stock up on milk before Levi gets home!

See you soon!

Love you,
Mom V