Pages

Sunday, July 20, 2008

I miss it!! I MISS it!!

Lately I've been having allergy issues and my throat has been incredibly sore. I've been gargling salt water, popping ricola lozenges like candy, and drinking hot herbal tea. Which isn't as much fun doing when you actually own a mug. We don't own a mug!!!! I was kinda shocked at first but then Levi reminded me we live in Hawaii...duh. I guess you don't need mugs here, especially if you don't drink coffee. Still...for purposes like sickness you need mugs so we will be getting a few soon.

Isn't the picture above look sooooooo GOOD! While drinking my herbal tea this morning with honey, in a large thick plastic cup, I received flashbacks of cold nights in Washington. I would have hot chocolate after playing in the snow, Halloween trick-or-treating or gosh just on a cold day! I miss it a lot...Levi and I both do. We do realize its JULY but you can always count on a cold day in Washington..even 1 or 2 days in the 3 months of a"heat wave" Washington has during the summer (I can say that because I lived in Arizona...118 is a heat wave!). So I sit here in Hawaii wishing I was somewhere cold so I could enjoy a steaming cup of hot chocolate while everyone else at home is cursing us because we live here. I know I am horrible...ha sorry! We love it here we promise! We have so much fun and this is such an experience, but we do miss a lot of joys back in Washington that just aren't here. I just want to be cold for ten minutes and enjoy a cup of hot cocoa....thats all!!!

No comments: