Pages

Thursday, July 3, 2008

I got NEW job!!!!

First off...I love my job in the kitchen....I know it's weird because it's tough work and a lot of people don't want to do it. I get sweaty and gross but I work with some awesome and HILARIOUS people! I've never had a social job like it before and I like cooking and I love everyone that works in the kitchen! BUT........ We need more money...and I wasn't getting enough hours......so I started looking for just a second job. I wasn't planning on leaving the Kitchen job completely.
I went by the school today and while I was over there I ran by the Registrars office to check up on the application I dropped off last week. I walk in and talk to a lady for a second and she brings up the lady who would be my supervisor asks me a couple questions like how long would I stay, and when I said June I thought it would be long enough but apparently she wanted someone who would be staying longer...so I was surprised when she invited me back for an interview. They informed me that I would be scanning transcripts and it would be confidential and I would have to be very accurate blah blah. Won't be a problem. I tell her that I would be gone for 3 weeks in August and they were happy I was honest. Then a little later they asked if I would be gone for Christmas and I said yes...and then I was afraid they didn't want me because this is when they do a lot of heavy work because of graduation and stuff. My future supervisor didn't look to intrested in interviewing me after this (there were 2 people) and so I was kinda worried but in the end everything looked really positive and I was able to explain my work experience and why I would be good for the job and later in the day I was offered the job. 40 hours a week until we go home to Washington and then I have a good job until we leave next June. I am excited to work in an air conditioned office, not washing my hands 20 times a day, and getting food all over my clothes.
So many changes going on my brother got a job, my sister may possible be getting a job, Levi should be getting a new job soon and I now have one! It's exciting!

1 comment:

Lindsay Rondo said...

congrats on the new job! sounds ideal. we need to do something soon!