I LOVE the fourth of July. I don't like buying fireworks and lighting them off, I just like to watch. I try to find a show to go to each year, this year Levi had to work so I tagged along with Todd and Michelle. We went to Turtle Bay Resort , we showed up right on time. We just walked onto the golf course sat down and watched. It was cool because we weren't in a big crowd or to far away from the car. What wasn't cool was that the show was only...ONLY 7 minutes long!!! PATHETIC. The video is of the finally, that was beautiful, watch it. It was awesome to see the sillouetts of the palm trees while the fireworks exploded and lit up the sky that was something that I will not forget. (Living here sure is a once in a lifetime adventure.) Levi wasn't too bummed he missed it, but I wish he had been there...
And this?? Meet the cane spider......I came home along Monday night and met him...I was SO Terrified!! It was a long night for me. Can you believe they only eat cockroaches and insects? Why do they have to be so huge?! It was the size of a small plate, and SO fast. I think about it and it's still unreal how huge it was. We didn't kill it, because the ten minutes I stared at it out of complete terror and shock as it ran across my wall and HOPEFULLY out the window... or thats what I tell myself : /. I still don't know if this thing is around. I can't wait to get back to Washington, no spiders are this big there. I can deal with wolf spiders now or anything smaller than this. On the plus side, I can now take on any cockroach after Mr. cane spider. Well not sure if that really is a plus....but i guess it is for someone in Hawaii. Check out the pictures of "cane spider" on google...you will see what it looks like up close.
Remember when I said.......Living here sure is a once in a lifetime adventure?? Sometimes it gets gross and creepy with these nasty bugs. We are soaking it up though, we are almost half way through living in Hawaii!! It's a weird feeling,
2 comments:
You know the Morin's from the ward right? Well Dave is sending me as the "adult supervision" to my sister Erin and Dave's daughters Corina and Jessica. So I pretty much just get to go have fun with the girls. Dave takes the girls every year and doesn't want to go this year so he sending me in his place. I trust you that I will have a lot of fun. You would know more than anyone! Talk to you guys later.
Post a Comment