Pages

Saturday, June 28, 2008

We <3 the BeaCh !!!!!


This afternoon Levi and I went to Waimea Bay. It was relaxing and we actually got a parking spot in the Parking lot!! Which has never happened before. We were happy we didn't have to park up the street on the road and hike down to the beach.
By the way the water is so smooth, I like it...but it's pretty boring out there in the water, we like playing in the big waves.
Their is this huge rock in the water that people jump off ...below is a picture. Levi has been wanting to jump off of it, so I brought our video camera. As I wait for him to climb up the rock I am watching other people jump off and it was cool....until they started doing CRAZY stuff!! Like flips and belly flops and somehow avoiding going into shock by a bad landing...But I guess it's not that high, 25ft or a little more. So I see this Polynesian guy get close to the edge and he wasn't thin...he was round to put it nicely. He just steps off the rock....as he falls..he manages to avoid being scraped by the rock! Now my heart was beating because I thought I was going to get a horrible accident on tape. If your going to jump off a twenty something rock...JUMP for goodness sakes don't hop or walk off. I am glad Levi jumped quick because I couldn't stand watching people anymore they were all too crazy...I am not crazy and I swore I wouldn't jump off the rock but I did. After Levi came out of the water he told me to go and so I was a little hesitant but I went up. I got up to the ledge...and this is what happened.........I swear this was my facial expressesion as I looked at the water...the people jumping in the water and the glances I'd make towards Levi.... He kept motioning me to go but....this was all I could do...
15 Minutes later I jumped and it wasn't scary...I was more scared one of the big Polys would jump on me...because they would just jump one after another and barely get out of each others way. I was the only white girl up there... There was this little boy up there he was walking me through my process of jumping which he didn't do a good job. He pointed to a guy on the high ledge and said "That guy up there just smoked crack and he is doing flips and stuff.." I was like....ha yeah I am sure if I was on crack I'd be jumping off this thing no problem!!! His next method of "help" was "hey just watch me do it!"...then he jumps off jumping jack style and has a tiny splash.... dumb kid. Ha just kidding he was cool. So I jumped and did what I was told blow air out my nose...but that didn't work....tons of salty water went into my nose... I coughed and stuff but then it was over...... I probably won't do it again, but I am glad I did it!

1 comment:

Cierra said...

I have jumped off a few times myself and each time I think my life flashed before my eyes!

Cute picture of you two together!