Pages

Sunday, May 22, 2011

vulnerable


My Lydia is my little {big} test right now. Being a mother is hard but so great and right now it's super hard. Not because we are away from family but because Lydia won't listen to anything. anything.ANYTHING I say.Then I have to discipline and I hate it. I hate getting after her so much, it's just not fun. I feel like I'm doing a horrible job as a mother but reality she is just 2 years old and has enough sass for 4 teenage girls!!!! I'm just feeling down I know it's not going to get any easier for a while. I don't know how everyone gets through this age because it's tough. I hate questioning myself but sometimes I feel so vulnerable. I know Satan wants me to feel like I am not capable of raising my children the way the savior would want me to or even capable of having more children.

Just frustrated and needed to vent. Advice? :(

Sincerely,
Stumped Stephanie

4 comments:

Taylor and Amanda Lines said...

let me tell you... you are not alone. age 2-4 absolutely KILLED me! just know that it is okay and a good thing to discipline her. she needs to know what's good or bad or she will grow up a lil spoiled brat and walk all over you! haha I cant tell you how many times ive cried myself to sleep at night thinking that i couldnt do it one more day. but the next day always came and it was a brand new day and start! now rayce is an awesome and very smart kid with amazing manners! haha it was hard while i was in the moment trying to teach him all the right things, but they do listen. im just glad saylor is more mellow! julie on the other hand i think is going to give me some trouble. hang in there!

The Tafuna Family said...

oh steph, dont feel sad! when we got to that stage with malachi i found that i was getting angry because he wasn't listening to ME. and then my mum told me to not take it so personally, he doesn't listen to anyone. and that helped, to know that he wasn't spitefully disobeying me, he was simply trying out his new found independance. so we set up really clear rules and a routine for discipline, coz then i could actually discipline and not just punish out of anger, if that makes sense. explaining what he did that was wrong and why it was wrong and mostly what he should do instead next time helped coz then it was a learning/teaching moment. i also found that i expected too much out of him and was too ridgid. but you're alot calmer then me and probably dont have that problem lol. the other thing that helped was to think "what was he TRYING to do", coz i found that lots of times he was just trying to copy something i had done, like pour milk into a cup or kick the door shut, so it wasn't like he was trying to be a brat, just trying to be like mummy, and that made me check myself more. oh my gosh this is long. lol. hang in there. oxo ps. take a look at her baby pictures everyday and remember how much you love her and how precious she is.

Anonymous said...

She is definitely testing boundaries and once she realizes those boundaries aren't moving she will stop - well for awhile. They seem to go in phases of testing boundaries. It's like cattle, they will run out and around the fence to see if they can get out further, but once they realize where the fence is and the limitations, they settle down. She'll settle down, just be strong and be consistent! Miss you!

Rachel {RandR Workshop} said...

oh Stef, I totally feel for you. Ethan has been doing the same thing.. and he is almost 3!
there was a whole week I cried everyday and called my mom 5 or 6 times a day.
Being pregnant has helped me discipline ethan at all..in fact I have become much more of a softie. But I have realized what works for me(which is not spanking him) and what works for him.. time out in his room. Every kid is different so you just have to find out what works for you guys and go with it. Lots of times I just needed to walk away from the situation and let Ethan cool down. Ethan has been throwing tantrums at the store and I've have juist learned that the best thing to do it just leave. I think he gets it now..that its no fun and games when you have to leave haha.
Good luck and you can do it :)
ps..your right about satan. He will work so hard to make you feel like you cant do this. You Can! :)