Pages

Friday, February 4, 2011

What I woke up to...



Our table...with the wonderful diapers I got for cheap and 2 day shipping for free99

Lydia being naughty, she knows she isn't supposed to be on the chair at the desk.

Shout out to my favorite water bottle ever, if you don't have one go get one. Once you go camelbak you never go back.ha.

I reallllly don't like this last one. I think I will go seriously NUTS if we don't have a dishwasher in our next home... I dream about dishwashers. We've never had one. :(

I woke up yesterday morning to this mess. I get that it's my mess (and Lydia's & very little from Levi- like as in the 1 pair of shoes on the ground) but still (big sigh). I literally walked outside our room and just looked at it all. Not fun to wake up to and we don't wake up to this daily we have Lydia pick up all her toys but we forgot....that morning the mess was overwhelming and it really bothered me. I realize it's not THAT bad, I don't have piles to the ceiling which would categorize us as hoarders. I stood there and had a little "Come to Jesus" talk with myself, somewhere between a lecture and a pep talk. I would never usually post pictures of my messy home because yeah we all like to pretend we have perfect little clean homes and the dishes are always done right??? Just kidding I know some people don't pretend or act this way. We all would like this to actually be the case, no one is perfect and especially NOT ME. I don't vacuum everyday....yet...(there is another child on the way and eventually there will be twice the mess so maybe one day) and a few little stacks of things I need to sort through. To make a long story short I cleaned up which included throwing stuff away and vacuuming of course. I feel better now and I just had to get that off my chest. Maybe this is me becoming a neat freak, maybe not. I didn't show our room which is actually really clean, except for a pile of clothes at the end of the bed. My clothes of course, I seriously HATE hanging up clothes, I'd rather clean the shower.. anyways. I don't think I could ever be a crazy clean perfectionist, everything has it's place kinda person. Sometimes it gets a little messy and that's ok, just have to make the rounds and "clean up, clean up, everybody, everywhere, clean up clean up, everybody do your share" like the nursery clean up song right?? Anybody feel me? Speaking of...
UPDATE: Lydia is doing fantastic in nursery, still. Tender Mercies :)

On a side note anyone else excited for the Superbowl! I can always count on good food and fun. i don't even remember the Superbowl last year...which is a little strange that I totally have no clue what we did.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am amazed that we are not the only ones without a dishwasher! Messes always get bigger, especially with growing families... But your little ones start helping more, so it sort of evens out! Good luck with the new little baby!