Pages

Thursday, June 4, 2009

The Vogel Garden !

Someone please tell me they have noticed all the SUNNY weather in all of the pictures I've posted! We haven't had any rain for 2 weeks! It's been great, I wouldn't be sad if it rained we kinda need it. It's so beautiful with all the green and then when it's sunny it makes me so happy to be home. I remember growing up and waking up to the sun shining through the window into my room in the morning and I'd get right out of bed because you really can't miss days like these. Its been close to 90's this whole week.

Here is our Potato hill, it's not a hill yet, but it will be. We are going to put 2 - 4x8 square foot gardens next to the potato hill. I am excited, I love gardening and there will be less weeds to worry about with the above ground garden. Hawaii it was ridiculous, nothing grew well in the acidic volcanic dirt. We are planting leaf lettuce, cucumbers, squash, peas, strawberries and tomatoes. I'll update when we get it all set up. By the way Levi's grandma is in such good shape, that's her rototilling the ground (top picture). I hope I'm in that good shape at her age.

This looks pretty gross but its the starters we used for the potatoes, these are red potatoes by the way...yummy! We could get 100 lbs out of the starters we planted today, that's a ton of taters.

2 comments:

Sherwoods said...

How nice to have a garden going. And that's awesome about the weather. My family is loving it too!

Anonymous said...

Love the garden! And yay for nice weather. P.S. I think you know my cousin, Jennifer, and her hubby Li. Crazy!