Pages

Thursday, June 4, 2009

Love this Girl !


I've mentioned Lauren before (Best friend since forever) and she came to visit last weekend! She couldn't make it to my shower but I quickly forgave her and spent a few days laughing and relaxing with my best friend. She is so fun. Anyway she lives across the state, she goes to Eastern Washington University and her sister Nikki competed for state in 800 run for track. I went to her 4x8 and 800 preliminary and she was amazing. Nikki can run 800 meters (1 lap) in 56.3 seconds...that really is so fast and if you don't think so go out and have someone time you. You won't beat it. Long story short the weather was amazing, in fact blazing last Saturday but Nikki still pulled 2nd in state for the 800 race!!! SO COOL! It's really cool to see Nikki grow up and see how much she has accomplished. What a great way to end your Senior year right?


She had this 1 piece on and she is so skinny! No fat on that body and then there's me, haha I'm like a blob next to these girls! Aww the sacrifices women make. Not only are these girls skinny but also tall..as you can tell. O AND Lauren brought Twilight and so I finally watched it, I had been avoiding it but if anyone can convince me to do anything it's Lauren. I hated it. So lame. haha sorry for all Twilight lovers. Yes I read 3 of the books and gave up, not a huge fan, why did I read 3 then? Preoccupied me during the gym in Hawaii, in fact I read the 3rd book up until the last 50 pages and didn't even finish it...yeah lost interest I guess. That's just my opinion, no offense to anyone. I have read a fewbooks since being home and one of them is "My sisters keeper," the movie is coming out in 2 weeks and I can't wait to see it. Now THAT is a good book. I had heard about it and once I knew the movie was coming out I had to read it before I saw it, or else I wouldn't ever read the book. It's by Jodie Picoult, my mother in-law suggested it. Read it!

2 comments:

Emily Marie said...

Hey I have read that book, I thought it was really good but wasn't a fan of the ending... I didn't know there was a movie coming out for it. That's pretty cool!

Stephanie Vogel said...

Really? I kinda liked it, it's sad of course but yeah it threw me for a loop. I thought in a way it made it a cool and sweet ending.