Pages

Sunday, October 5, 2008

I Love OctoNOVember

It's so weird here in Hawaii. The palm tree's palm leaves don't change colors, there is no leaves to rake up, I don't have to even put on a jacket!! No pumpkin in sight. It's still 80 degrees out for goodness sake, I could get a crazy sunburn if I wanted too....but I never would WANT to. Why does Hawaii have to be so Fall-less.........no signs whatsoever. Do I dare say I miss the seasons? Will I be thinking this when we go home for Christmas, when we get on a plane at 80 degrees and enter Washington state at a blustery 40 degrees.....THAT'S HALF THE HEAT IT IS HERE!!! (sorry I had to state the obvious) Hawaii is just too much sometimes, time to go home. I almost can't stand it here anymore its repugnant!!

naw IT'S NOT SO BAD!!!

BUT.....I sure do miss all the those things I listed. When I am working for continued hours in the a/c office I do bring my sweatshirt...not only because it's a little chilly but because I miss wearing sweatshirts! :D sickening I know. I tried to bring the sense of fall season to our home by baking chocolate chip pumpkin bars....boy did it work! Until they were all gone, I made them for work too. Polynesians are serious when they say , 'come get some before they are all eaten' I made these bars for work on Friday and with in 15 min they were half gone and by the end of the day all gone. It was a 9x13 pan!! They were delicious, and everyone wanted the recipe and printed it out and took it home. So if your looking for a good recipe, Martha Stewart will hook you up. "It's a good thing"
In the spirit of fall I made chicken pot pie, I took a picture but then realized it didn't look as good as it should have, thanks to Bisquick I definitely should have made the dough from scratch. But 1 cup of BQCK Mix, milk and an egg and the crust was done! It was more like a biscuit not crust. It was still delish though!!

The point of this is that I will continue to bake/cook holiday traditional treats and meals no matter how hot it makes my house....[Levi will get over it ;) ] even though Hawaii's climate doesn't recognize them.......

2 comments:

Cierra said...

i loooove pumpkin baked goods too...i think i am making pumpkin cookies tonight!

i wear my sweater in the freezing air conditioned office too...i know what you mean about hawaii's lack of seasons. but i'm sure we will miss that once we leave this beautiful island.

DAVID & ELISSA said...

I sure loved your chocolate chip pumpkin bars at the soccer game! Yummm. I seriously miss the seasons as well! I love it here but I really need some change!
I'm looking forward to wearing my winter clothes for christmas break!