Pages

Thursday, August 27, 2009

UTAH


We made a last minute trip to Utah because Levi started work on the following Monday which was a little over a week ago. We were really fortunate to go, thanks to Levi's parents, who have a bazillion hotel points. We spent our first full day (we arrived at 3 in the morning...see how excited Lydia is in the first picture) in temple square, it was fun I kept looking for my friend Mika from BYUH who I worked with, she is on a mission in temple square. The missionaries I talked to all knew her :( I didn't run into her sadly.
I love this wrap and so does Lydia, she's so snug and comfortable. She always falls asleep.


I had never been inside the Salt Lake temple before and I finally was able to go. It's pretty cool when I think about how many times I've seen pictures since I was little and I finally went through it. Pretty cool.


It was pretty hot in Utah so Levi called Lydia around, what a stud, I haven't seen too many men sport a moby wrap.
This statue is of the first pioneer settlers that arrived in Utah and Levi was named after one of his relatives that were in that group.


We sadly didn't get a picture in front of the temple like I wanted too :(
At the end of our 1st day Levi met up with some mission friends and played some basketball and that evening had ice cream and visited with each other. The picture above was two of Levi's mission friends who we ate lunch with the following day. After lunch we went to heritage park and I couldn't resist the bonnet! It was too cute.


sweet statues

Who I am pointing to is who Levi is named after


My Muslim baby & my racoon baby

Lydia couldn't resist the racoon hat!!


Lydia was obviously pooped, she took a nap before we headed to The Roof .


She slept the entire time we ate, it was nice.

Here was our view



The 3rd day I was able to go to the temple with Joslyn, a friend from Arizona, it was fun to catch up with her. I am really glad she was able to come with me, I didn't want to go alone since Levi had to watch Lydia. Afterwards we met up with Levi's other mission friend for a late lunch before we headed home.

It was a fun trip and Lydia is a great traveler, thankgoodness. We came home Sunday morning and I left that afternoon for Sunriver Resort with Levi's mom, Denise, a friend of Denises, Levi's sister and a friend of Levi's sister. It was fun and I have pictures to come soon!

3 comments:

Er Bear said...

I wish we were living there right now so we could have hung out!! Have I told you that we are total Hawaii haters lately?! Save us! Ha! I was way caught of guard to see JJ's cousin on one of your pics... I forgot that Levi served with him:) Small world.

Taylor and Amanda Lines said...

love the moby wrap! soo amazing... haha the pic with the racoon hat is hilarious. i miss the stage where they just sleep all the time! i would die to get out of the poop az heat! blah!

The Tafuna Family said...

can i just say that you look absolutely amazing!!!! fun trip, its so much easier when they're little and just stay in one place!