Pages

Friday, August 21, 2009

Overwhelmed

I don't even know where to start. I love this girl. I don't think there is anything in this world that could be given to me that could bring me close to the joy I feel when I have her with me.

This morning I woke up at 6:30 having gotten over 7 hours of sleep to a baby who was just starting to wake up. She is so cute squirming around! Levi was up getting ready for work and I am feeding her and it all just hits me how blessed I am and tears are just streaming down my face. I couldn't be happier right now. I know by the worlds standards we've done it all wrong, had a baby before a job and house of our own, but I could honestly care less. We know Lydia was supposed to come when she did and we are so happy we were emotionally and spiritually ready for her. She was no accident, we wanted her with us and we felt completely sure she was ready to come to us. I am so grateful Levi has a job but I would be lying if I said I wish he has had one earlier. Levi was able to spend Lydia's first 2 months bonding with her just as much as I did. It wasn't by choice, but happy it was possible and that it happened, which was only possible for Denise and Mike for letting us stay with them in there home [thank you!! :) ] We knew the right job would come eventually and we would just have to be patient....were used to waiting and when we do something good always comes along.

I know how blessed I am for being able to have Lydia and that she is a healthy baby. I am so grateful that I had her without any complications and delivered her without any injury to myself or her. My body has recovered well, thankgoodness. It will never be the same but I am not too sad about it, how could a body be the same after pushing out a baby right?

I am filled with so much joy watching her each day and communicating what little I can, I know she knows I love her. I know she loves me too. It's sad and excting all at the same time watching her change and grow. I love her being so small but I can't wait for her to talk and everything else that will come.

Levi and went to Utah this last week and it was a last minute trip we wanted to make to visit his mission friends and I wanted to go to the Salt Lake temple, since I had never been. We spent a day in temple square and going to the visitors center and other buildings. There was such a sweet spirit and it was really special being there with Lydia. Going through the temple was amazing, it is so beautiful and I was sad Levi couldn't come with me since he was watching Lydia so I could go. My friend Joslyn came with me, I didn't want to go alone. I love temples, everything they stand for. Eternal family. It was a tender experience. Not that other temples are better than others but after having Lydia and being able to go through the temple and being coherent (last time I was sooo tired) I felt the spirit a lot more.

I love my baby. My healthy, sweet, happy baby. We couldn't be happier.

2 comments:

Adam+Tatum said...

Oh Steph....How perfect is your sweet little Lydia?! She looks a lot like her daddy! I am so happy for you. I hope we can visit soon!

The Tafuna Family said...

that's beautiful steph. i'm so glad you feel that way about her and your life. dont ever forget that feeling, especially when she's destoyed your make up draw and pulled every possible thing of every possible shelf.... sigh :)