Pages

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

For SURE this time!!!

I've heard of this "quickening" type feeling I may get after 16 weeks but didn't know what it felt like. It means you start feeling non-consistent flutters here and there of the baby. Every now and then for the past couple weeks I would feel something every once in a while. This being my first baby and all I have no clue what I am looking for and most of the time gave it no thought. I wanted the feeling to be the baby but didn't want to put too much thought into it because then when I later REALLY felt the baby I didn't want to feel stupid being wrong about that "feeling"

WELL....Today I was getting a little worried because I hadn't felt that feeling for a couple days and I've had some bad headaches off and on since Friday. I know the headaches are from my neck being out BUT after not having any random flutter type feelings I started getting pretty worried. I think I scared Levi a little. So TONIGHT when Levi was at work I was studying/watching Biggest Loser (gotta love it, by the way I hate Joelle) and I felt a little bubble/flutter feeling. I got really excited and poked where I felt the flutter, waited a second and poked a second time (because I'm impatient) and then the baby KICKED me back 3 TIMES!!!! Can you imagine how happy this made me, the relief I felt from being worried earlier. UGH I shed a tear I was so happy and grateful my baby was still alive and kickin'! Literally. Now #1 I know the feeling is my baby now and #2 I never should have been worried I overreacted and I knew I had before I felt this but I always get nervous when it's been so long after an appointment.

Levi came home and I told him and he had the biggest smile on his face and was so happy. He knew everything was ok the whole time but this definately helped. Now he is all jealous that I can feel the baby and he can't. He thinks it's pretty unfair...haha he is too much..

Well.......2 more days. Either this kicking thing was from our little sassy-pants Girl or our playful little Boy. I can't wait!! Stay tuned... Only 1 1/2 days!!! We're are dying to know!!

3 comments:

Lindsay Rondo said...

wow!! that must be such s strange/exciting feeling knowing there is a little human inside of you! Little baby Vogel!

daegan said...

yay! i knew that it would happen soon. there will be more and more to come. sometimes the baby kicks so hard that it can startle you. but it is another reassuring step baby is live and well. good luck! can't wait to hear your news soon!

The Wagners said...

Ooh! Congratulations! It always felt like my stomach was twitching when I first started feeling Tayson, but I was like you and never sure if it was just a twitch or actually the baby. That's so exciting!