Pages

Sunday, December 14, 2008

Flash Flood!!


Thursday morning at 5am I woke up to pouring rain outside, and I texted Levi's mom to pack a coat... haha thinking that would be enough. That morning Levi's mom was heading out here to surprise Levi for his graduation...when I saw all this water beginning to rise I started to get a little nervous!
Our Lake front view
Those are cockroaches!!! So sick! When we woke up I was going to get ready for work (not knowing how bad it was) Levi was going to go help people from across the street who were trying to keep their house from flooding. He left and came back 1 minute later and I asked him if they needed his help and he said, "There are bugs EVERYWHERE". o MAN I was not leaving my house, the bugs were trying to escape all the water. They eventually started to come into our house but thanks to Levi he killed them then used the broom to get them out and away from our home. A little later Levi and some guys hurried to the beach to fill garbage bags w/sand because we didn't know when sand bags would come. Right when Levi got back water started coming in the house and I was laying down towels and long story short out house was filled to about 1-2 inches of water. It stunk literally but in the end the carpets being replaced and it will all be back to normal when we get home. It was a bummer for sure but it could have been so much worse. We had fun even though we all wished it never happened but good ward bonding!! I am so grateful for all the help we received our ward is amazing because we couldn't have gotten through all that without everyone's positive attitude and generosity. We hope it doesn't happen again but I'm sure all the men know how to use sandbags properly now!

Denise made it out here after all the rain stopped and luckily the roads had cleared and she was with us by 3ish. Just having her with us was a comfort, now we just needed a place to stay for the night! Our wonderful gracious friends Devin and shira offered us to stay with them but we knew they had TONS of family coming in so we didn't want to take their siblings spot in their house. The Thorsons, our other charitable friends from the ward offered us to stay in their place while they were house sitting a relatives home, THANK YOU!!! We are so blessed to be surrounded by such wonderful people and we will miss this ward so much when we head home.

No comments: