Pages

Saturday, May 17, 2008

Where did all the time go..

These past two weeks of Spring term have flown by it has been pretty crazy, a big change for me. This is my first term in college, in my psychology class, we have to absorb a week of studies all in one day... Each day in the class we go over a new chapter in a thick, horrible orange book...ok so it's not that horrible I actually really like the class it is SO interesting. I've learned all about the brain, states of consciousness, the development stages and other stuff but those were the most interesting so far. English is english.... Levi and I always have a ton of homework, and I don't understand how people get away without studying. We don't watch movies or t.v anymore, we barely have time for each other ha well that's how its been the past couple weeks. School is bitter sweet it's awesome because you learn so much and you feel smart, but sometimes you just get mentally tired trying to cram all this info into your neurological association areas...haha like that term?(the area of my brain which soaks up info). Look what school is doing to me! I kinda like it... I'm not gonna lie. Sometimes this method of banging my head seems attractive...but then I realize it is only going to kill brain cells..... and I REALLY need those. I thought that picture was pretty funny, did anyone else? or am I odd? crazy? I don't know, but it makes me laugh and that's what counts.
Anywhooooo my FAVORITE father in law is in town... I know... again but we like him so we let him come and go as he pleases. Even though we have have stuff we should be doing (because there is always something to do) we decided to get out of little  Laie and go to Honolulu. Actually the reason to get out was for Levi to receive his birthday gift....drum roll please...................a mac book. I swear since he has gotten it which was at 2pm today he has said a total of 10 words to me.  It will be so nice to have 2 lap tops because we both have so much work to do on computers and one isn't enough. Thanks Mike and Denise!! We have been going to bed so late because we have to take turns using the computer now we can do homework at the same time!! After Levi picked his gift up we relaxed at Mikes hotel at the Hilton..(wow..Waikiki Hilton=Amazing) and we stayed up Friday night talking until 1:30 and so we all passed out for like 2 1/2 hours,it was pretty funny. After we woke up and continued to be lazy for a bit we went to eat at Benihanas, which was so good, and very entertaining. By the way it is a small world, the people who were sitting with us at the table were from Washington but one of them was from Bonney Lake and the others from Federal Way. We reminisced about Washington and all it's glory for a bit and then we got some ice cream and heading back to Laie. I tried to take pictures but after we ate I looked for my camera and it wasn't in my purse and I had thought I left it in the lobby when we first arrived earlier at the Hilton but it ended up being in the room and then we tried to take some pictures on the balcony and what do you know... my camera is dead. We will try the picture thing again Monday. Stay tuned........

3 comments:

Sherwoods said...

How fun that you got to go to Honolulu. I'm going to Maui this summer. Is that anywhere near you guys? I obviously don't know anything about Hawaii geography. Well good luck with all the homework.

Stephanie Vogel said...

Lucky, I hear it's beautiful on Maui, but Maui is a whole other island, we are on Oahu. Hopefully we will be able to go before we leave Hawaii

Lindsay Rondo said...

Ummm... with cameron's block classes and my online, spring/summer classes stink.
I 100% agree with you. I don't think either of us are ahead of the game in our classes.
and did you still need blankets for your father in law?