Pages

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Kitchen Sink Cookies


Don't let the recipe title gross you out because they are sooo good... I got this recipe from Martha Stewart's Everyday Food magazine.

John's Kitchen Sink Cookies
  • 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (spooned and leveled)
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
  • 1 cup packed light-brown sugar
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons light corn syrup
  • 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1 cup semisweet chocolate chunks
  • 1/2 cup raisins
  • 1/2 cup chopped pecans
  • 1/2 cup old-fashioned rolled oats (not quick-cooking)
  • Directions

    1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper; set aside.
    2. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda; set aside.
    3. Using an electric mixer, beat together butter, sugar, corn syrup, and vanilla until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time, until well incorporated. Gradually beat flour mixture into butter mixture just until combined.
    4. With a rubber spatula, fold in chocolate chunks, raisins, pecans, and oats.
    5. Drop 2-inch balls of dough, spaced 2 inches apart, onto prepared baking sheets. Flatten dough balls slightly. Bake 12 to 16 minutes, or until cookies are lightly browned, rotating sheets halfway through.
    6. Cool 5 minutes on sheets; transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
I think my oven temperature is hotter than it should be so I only let my cookies bake for like 6-7 minutes... I didn't have corn syrup so I just used Honey, I looked up a substitute and the cookies didn't taste weird or anything. I used oats, chocolate chips and chopped pecans and they were still way good I wish I had coconut to put it them but they were delicious. If you are bored and want to bake something, bake these, I couldn't get Levi to stop eating the dough or the cookies, in fact, I couldn't even stop myself from eating them ha ha they are that yummy! You can substitute the the raisins for dates or dried apricots or whatever you want basically. You can also substitute the oatmeal for equal amount of shredded coconut, but I would just throw it in with the oatmeal, maybe not equal parts though, it might get too dry. By the way my cookies didn't turn out like the picture, they looked better anyways I hope some of your try this recipe!

1 comment:

Cierra said...

oh my gosh stephanie, i am not subscribed to Everyday Food, but I bought this same issue (and I think I will subscribe) and I was just looking at this cookie recipe the other day. the name kinda grossed me out too! haha

but now that you approve of it, i may just have to try it out on my next baking adventure. :)