
It all started on Monday the 28th. I knew there was a possibility of going into labor after she checked me so I had a lot to get done that day. Wash all the laundry, fold it, clean our home, see Nancy for my appointment, make an exchange @ target, and stop at the bank. I didn't rest all day. When I saw Nancy I told her to check me extra good. She said she was having someone come in that night to be induced so Nancy would prefer I don't go into labor but we'd see what happens. I was dilated 2.5cm and effaced 40%. She monitored me and I was having contractions but nothing that would guarantee anything, I didn't really notice them. Nancy told me if I didn't go into labor on my own in between Monday and Thursday she'd have me come in Thursday night and have Baron on my birthday! I left and was really excited and I started feeling them more and they were consistent so I thought I'd be back there that night. Levi came home and we went on a walk and we realized the contractions weren't going anywhere and instead of tiring myself out I needed to rest for the real contractions. I showered and relaxed the rest of the night and went to bed early.
I woke up to contractions at 6:20 and I noticed my back was all crampy, and it wasn't like that yesterday. I waited for a few more contractions and they were about 5-6 min apart. Levi was dreading work the night before so his prayers were answered when I woke him up and told him I didn't want him to go in just in case. The contractions were becoming closer so I got up and got ready to go. I knew I needed to get over to Nancy's quickly, I needed to be on an iv. Lydia woke up and we took a few pictures and said bye and headed over. We are only about 15 min away but I got really nauseous, hot and the contractions were becoming more painful I threw up right as we pulled into the birth center. Lovely. Off to a good start already.
We arrived at Nancy's about 8 am. Nancy checked me right away and I was dilated to a 4 so officially in labor. She set me up on an iv with the antibiotics I needed and since the lady from the night before was still in labor (it was her first birth) I was in Nancy's home and not where I would usually have been. I had a little breakdown and told Nancy I was scared because I knew it would be so painful and she gave me a pep talk. She said "Oh Stephanie it doesn't get worse it gets over." She is right obviously it will get worse but more importantly it gets over and I get to hold my precious baby. Each contraction brings me closer to holding him. I had to tell myself this through each contraction and it really helped me cope. I went through labor in silence with Levi, he was invaluable. He was so sweet pushing on my back, the counter pressure helped more than i thought it would. I wanted him close to me at all times. I couldn't have done it without him he made it much more manageable. Nancy let me labor alone with Levi and she would come and check on me every once in a while.
Labor progressed very fast, Nancy didn't think or want it to progress very fast because I needed 2 doses of antibiotics before Baron was born. She didn't think he would come before 12 and that was really disheartening for me because I didn't want to have that long of a labor but I had a feeling he was coming before noon for sure. During labor I became nauseous again briefly that was gross, thank goodness I had an empty stomach. Nancy could tell I was going through transition when I had to tell Levi and her to stop talking (I was nice about it). They were having a chummy conversation while I was going through the worst part of labor! lol my breathing and body shaking, I couldn't concentrate without silence at this point.. After the contraction ended she asked me if I wanted her to check me, ummm YES! She did and I was at a 9. HALLELUJAH ! We were in the office and she was getting ready to break my water. I felt so much better after she broke my water, all the pressure was gone. Then I started pushing with contractions and I was holding my baby 20 minutes later. 10:22am Baron was born and it was the most amazing labor.
I felt more mentally there and having gone through it before it didn't feel as painful or difficult as it did with Lydia. I knew I could do it again but I was still scared and felt so vulnerable when I first got to the birth center. I'm so grateful everything went so incredibly well, it couldn't have gone any smoother. No damage done down there thank goodness. That is always scary to think about. Of course I thought how crazy I was doing this all a 2nd time and told Levi I wouldn't be having another child naturally lol. That's not entirely true that was the contractions speaking. I initially thought my mom would be there for the birth but labor progressed too fast and she wouldn't have made it in time since she hadn't checked me until I was ready to push and I wasn't waiting for anyone at that point I wanted him out of me!!! Seriously Levi was laughing at me because I was so determined to get him out and was annoyed it was taking so long. I was so ready to hold my little boy!
Levi delivered Baron and handed him to me. It was amazing. I love this little boy, he is so precious and sweet. He is so calm natured and quiet. I couldn't be more blessed with an easy baby. He eats well and sleeps for hours which means I get sleep. I feel coherent I don't feel like a zombie like I did with Lydia. She fought me with breastfeeding and it was sooooo hard for me. He is an angel. I prayed he would be easy because I was nervous I would struggle again with breastfeeding like I did with Lydia.
Levi has been home with me ever since the baby was born and it has been such a blessing. I haven't had to lift a finger and Lydia has had a lot of attention with Levi's help. I am so blessed to have so much help. Levi has taken care of me so well it's been so nice to just focus on Baron and Lydia and not worry about anything. A few people from the ward and my mom have brought meals too which were delicious and that was great. Everything is going smoothly and we are packing things up getting ready to move here pretty soon. Baron was circumcised on Monday. I didn't plan on staying in the room while it happened, Levi was going to stay with him but I ended up staying as well. It was pretty crazy, he didn't cry at all, if he had I would have left the room. They did really well with him. We are blessing Baron on Sunday. We are enjoying life and loving this little boy to pieces!
I woke up to contractions at 6:20 and I noticed my back was all crampy, and it wasn't like that yesterday. I waited for a few more contractions and they were about 5-6 min apart. Levi was dreading work the night before so his prayers were answered when I woke him up and told him I didn't want him to go in just in case. The contractions were becoming closer so I got up and got ready to go. I knew I needed to get over to Nancy's quickly, I needed to be on an iv. Lydia woke up and we took a few pictures and said bye and headed over. We are only about 15 min away but I got really nauseous, hot and the contractions were becoming more painful I threw up right as we pulled into the birth center. Lovely. Off to a good start already.
We arrived at Nancy's about 8 am. Nancy checked me right away and I was dilated to a 4 so officially in labor. She set me up on an iv with the antibiotics I needed and since the lady from the night before was still in labor (it was her first birth) I was in Nancy's home and not where I would usually have been. I had a little breakdown and told Nancy I was scared because I knew it would be so painful and she gave me a pep talk. She said "Oh Stephanie it doesn't get worse it gets over." She is right obviously it will get worse but more importantly it gets over and I get to hold my precious baby. Each contraction brings me closer to holding him. I had to tell myself this through each contraction and it really helped me cope. I went through labor in silence with Levi, he was invaluable. He was so sweet pushing on my back, the counter pressure helped more than i thought it would. I wanted him close to me at all times. I couldn't have done it without him he made it much more manageable. Nancy let me labor alone with Levi and she would come and check on me every once in a while.
Labor progressed very fast, Nancy didn't think or want it to progress very fast because I needed 2 doses of antibiotics before Baron was born. She didn't think he would come before 12 and that was really disheartening for me because I didn't want to have that long of a labor but I had a feeling he was coming before noon for sure. During labor I became nauseous again briefly that was gross, thank goodness I had an empty stomach. Nancy could tell I was going through transition when I had to tell Levi and her to stop talking (I was nice about it). They were having a chummy conversation while I was going through the worst part of labor! lol my breathing and body shaking, I couldn't concentrate without silence at this point.. After the contraction ended she asked me if I wanted her to check me, ummm YES! She did and I was at a 9. HALLELUJAH ! We were in the office and she was getting ready to break my water. I felt so much better after she broke my water, all the pressure was gone. Then I started pushing with contractions and I was holding my baby 20 minutes later. 10:22am Baron was born and it was the most amazing labor.
I felt more mentally there and having gone through it before it didn't feel as painful or difficult as it did with Lydia. I knew I could do it again but I was still scared and felt so vulnerable when I first got to the birth center. I'm so grateful everything went so incredibly well, it couldn't have gone any smoother. No damage done down there thank goodness. That is always scary to think about. Of course I thought how crazy I was doing this all a 2nd time and told Levi I wouldn't be having another child naturally lol. That's not entirely true that was the contractions speaking. I initially thought my mom would be there for the birth but labor progressed too fast and she wouldn't have made it in time since she hadn't checked me until I was ready to push and I wasn't waiting for anyone at that point I wanted him out of me!!! Seriously Levi was laughing at me because I was so determined to get him out and was annoyed it was taking so long. I was so ready to hold my little boy!
Levi delivered Baron and handed him to me. It was amazing. I love this little boy, he is so precious and sweet. He is so calm natured and quiet. I couldn't be more blessed with an easy baby. He eats well and sleeps for hours which means I get sleep. I feel coherent I don't feel like a zombie like I did with Lydia. She fought me with breastfeeding and it was sooooo hard for me. He is an angel. I prayed he would be easy because I was nervous I would struggle again with breastfeeding like I did with Lydia.
Levi has been home with me ever since the baby was born and it has been such a blessing. I haven't had to lift a finger and Lydia has had a lot of attention with Levi's help. I am so blessed to have so much help. Levi has taken care of me so well it's been so nice to just focus on Baron and Lydia and not worry about anything. A few people from the ward and my mom have brought meals too which were delicious and that was great. Everything is going smoothly and we are packing things up getting ready to move here pretty soon. Baron was circumcised on Monday. I didn't plan on staying in the room while it happened, Levi was going to stay with him but I ended up staying as well. It was pretty crazy, he didn't cry at all, if he had I would have left the room. They did really well with him. We are blessing Baron on Sunday. We are enjoying life and loving this little boy to pieces!


6 comments:
I am so glad that every thing went so smoothly for you! It sounds like every thing has continued to go really well! I'm so happy for you guys! I love the pictures you have posted! They are adorable!
Baron is so sweet! What a cute little boy! Thanks for sharing your birth story, I love reading about other's experiences.
Love hearing birth stories-- and I am glad yours went so well. Definitely so excited your little guy is with you and your family! He is darling!
You are superwoman. I am so glad you got to have such a cool experience and did it without drugs. Congrats Stephanie, he is such a cute little guy...so happy for you both!
Congrats you guys! Sounds like everything went great. I told my visiting teachers about you and your midwife - whenever we talk about having babies they're like, "Well, we can't all be like your friend and go home to watch the Laker's game right after giving birth!" Ha ha. You are amazing Steph!
haha ok so the last little bit about him getting the snip, when i first read it, it sounded like you stayed with levi when he got it done. lol.
but that was an amazing story. i think i'll move to washington and have nancy for my midwife next time, she sounds wonderful! and having levi be such a big part of it too. im jealous.
enjoy your little boy!!
Post a Comment