Pages

Saturday, November 13, 2010

Point Defiance 15K Race





On October 16, my friend Ashley and I ran the Point Defiance 15K in Tacoma. A lot of races are in Tacoma, I've gotten a lot more familiar with the area now. It was fun...and hard. What a difference it is having a little baby and by gaining a few pounds. Not only that but holy hills!! I didn't train as much as I would have liked, another week would have been nice. Wasn't ready for all the hills but we made it and that's what is important. I was so ready for the finish line, we both were. I am glad it didn't rain, we were lucky, that would have been pretty miserable.

As you can see Lydia enjoyed waiting for me to finish, she played, threw rocks. She is a trooper. Levi took some adorable pictures of her. It makes me happy to see them at the finish line. I'm definitely more happy to see them than the bananas, chocolate milk, oreos, pretzels and gummi bears waiting for us at the finish line even though I indulged in my share. :) It's always great to pig out after races, it's practically required to get your sugar back up. I was craving those pretzels long before the race was over!





I was thinking about doing the 5K Turkey trot or the 5K Santa run in December but unless I have someone to run it with I probably wont.
Other news...
We find out what this little babe in me is tomorrow!!! I am so excited, Levi is coming with too and Lydia of course. Special day for us all :) Can't wait to share the news. I will be so excited for a girl or boy, I have no preference, I just want to know!

1 comment:

Alysha said...

You are so amazing! Can you send some of that motivation over here??? I would do the turkey trot with you if I was there. I just need a partner to get me going and then I would really like to run! You are a superwoman stephanie!