I am so happy to hear the state of California's Prop 8 has passed!! I was pretty worried about what the outcome would be. I was really disappointed to hear about all the shady stuff happening to those who support prop 8. I've heard there has been vandalism to cars, people being cussed out while on streets supporting the cause and signs have been removed out of peoples yards.
Living in United states gives each of us the right to vote and the right of freedom of speech and some of those who are against prop 8 have clearly tried to make their point by taking away others freedom of speech. Sadly it doesn't surprise me. It's been on my mind constantly lately and I am very happy to hear it has passed. I am not saying I don't like those who practice gay/lesbian relationships, I know people who are very nice and kind. I have friends who choose to live this lifestyle and I have nothing against them and I don't think I am better than them. When it comes down to the constitution redefining marriage, I believe marriage is between a man and a women. I don't believe marriage should be REDEFINED. A civil union is what joins same sex couples, not marriage. That's the difference. Thanks to all those who supported this proposition. Even though I don't live in California and probably never will, I am still happy to see this outcome.
No comments:
Post a Comment