This past week went by sooooo fast!! I couldn't believe it when Friday hit me. These past two weeks have been filled with exams and quizes I didn't think I would get through Monday and Tuesdays.
Last night we did a quick run to Costco on a few things we ran out of...we go through bread like nothing else. Of course, we grabbed a cheap bite to eat. When we got home we finished half of the cleaning we needed to do for our "white glove" inspection. We had to clean everything in our house, from walls to the oven....man that was not fun. My first time cleaning an oven, haha Levi is doing it next time. It took so long because the cleaner wouldn't rinse off, I went through a whole roll of paper towels I swear.
We went to bed and Levi had to get up a few hours later ...5:45 EEK! Long story short he could have waken up at 7ish. Levi had to set up a tent with a few guys for our wards service project up by sharks cove. Our ward donated our thanksgiving dinner to the homeless. Everyone from the ward contributed by salads, corn, rolls, mashed potatoes, gravy, sweet potatos and pumpkin pie. The turkeys were cooked in an Emu, basically an underground oven. It's more complicated than that buuuuuuuttt I don't know much about it, Sorry! Members of the ward and our bishop shared messages from a few apostles and then our feast began. Our sunset beach friends enjoyed the free meal and we could tell they were grateful. It was a really good experience and I look forward to doing more service every thanksgiving. I am so grateful for so much.
Being without family this year will be different but it will be one of the few times it will happen. We are spending thanksgiving with a few friends and I am very excited....I hope everything turns out! I am making a pie, sweet potatoes and a salad. Not too worried about the salad, just not sure what kinda to make, I don't want just a regular salad.
Another semester coming to a close...it really goes by SO fast. Only 1 more to go! ahhhh I can't believe it, we have so many exciting things to look forward to going home. Many business ventures Mr.Levi which are starting to get me really excited. [My dad calls him Mr.Levi... :) ]
Anywooo I am now going to enjoy my quiet Saturday night, Levi's working and I have some reading to do!
No comments:
Post a Comment