Pages

Thursday, August 28, 2008

Tolmie Peak Hike!!



Mike (Levi's dad), Mason, Levi and I went on a hike up close to Mt. Rainier. It's called Tolmie peak, it was beautiful! I took soo many pictures, all through the hike as you get further up it changes . The picture above is a little ranger look out, rangers watch for forest fires. It's a really old ranger house so it isn't really used anymore, it's really small. I wouldn't want to be stuck up there in the winter time. We hiked 3 miles up to that ranger look out, the very last pictures are of us on it.Here we are at Eunice lake, the water was pretty clear. We went a year ago and the weather was much better this time .
There is this part of the hike where the trail goes through a small open meadow covered with wild flowers. It was so pretty!
I found this flower, it's way cool looking. I like it

Levi's a little excited to start the hike! ha
Eunice lake from the top of Tolmie peak
This was so cool from the top you could see the Puget sound, Mt. Adams, Mt. St Helens. It was such a clear day we were so lucky. It's really rare for it to be this clear when we are up so high.
I love this picture!

Mike, Levi and Mason





This was funny Mike was pretending to flick mason over the edge, he cracks us up!

1 comment:

Sherwoods said...

How fun. Washington is so beautiful! I'm sure you guys miss it as much as I do. Glad you got to go home to visit.