One term ends and another starts
So as Levi finishes up his exams and winter semester comes to a close and I am working full time. By the way I have an awesome job, I LOVE it. Some people might think I am weird but that is ok. So my job... I am the executive chefs assistant, some people may think that would stink cause I do all the petty stuff he doesn't want to do or doesn't have time to do. Which really makes me actually pretty important, because if I didn't do it he would have a very hard time, or so I would like to think.... I know it wouldn't be easy for him. So anyways Let me go over my day with you all because it has everything that I do in a week, in a day..kinda.
Prepare to be amazed Today started out with showing up to work at 8:30, clocking in and shortly after that chef hunted me down to organize his 2 month calender for him, so I dated it and wrote in all his meetings because lately he has had a hard time remembering them all. After that I was informed that I need to cut 60 lemon slices for garnish for one of the catering events...(which Levi proudly was part of). I was going to the other catering even which was at 1pm by the way, for the important people in BYUH administrating such as president Wheelwright and 8 other people. Saying that doesn't make me feel important, just wanted to add it, I just help make the food and put it on hot steaming plates that burn my hands sometimes. Burns... I am not even going to go into that subject, I experience those painful things I don't want to talk about them. Back to the subject so after the lemons, I wrapped 11 potatoes in foil and baked them for 45 min. I then put together ratatouilli. I helped Chef make grill marks for the London Broil. I scooped sour cream and bacon bits ( they weren't the fake ones) into little cups, and cut fresh chives from the garden outside the kitchen for the potatoes.... so I think you get the gist of what I do in the Kitchen.
Back to the Calendar
After the catering event, I was given the same meal, minus the potato. Awesome I was sitting there in the cafeteria eating a $30 meal while everyone was eating an $8 one, it was delicious. I clocked back in from lunch and told chef , the calender was ruined because someone put stuff all over the desk and rubbed off the white erase marker from the calender. This desk isn't used for writing on that's why the calendar was placed there. So we decided to just use the paper calender and I redid all the meetings on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday, I was just happy I was sitting down.
I then had to check on my babies.....
That is what Chef calls all the herbs in the garden that I water daily, it's pretty funny. I did that and accidentally left the water running for 2 1/2 hours......oops that was my bad but hey I am not perfect and I don't usually do that. I then made a stop at the print shop to make a few color copies for chef, which was where Levi was so I said hi really quickand headed back to the chefs office. I then had a 10minute break and I had a bowl of apple jacks cereal with some coworkers and when I got back and I then picked out next weeks kitchen term, which took a long time because, I had to pick something that didn't involve wine and that wasn't baking term AND that people actually cared to learn about.You're Welcome!
I clocked out and now I am home and I was pretty bored as you've probably noticed.. and I'm somewhat amused that Levi is playing halo and his robot dude is on a quad type thing and he is running into stuff and thrashing everyone in sight with a huge gun. Who just bursts out laughing after getting annihilate by a friend ? .....the life of an x box fiend. I still love him. That's it now we are going to go workout, this week it will be day 4 in a row we have made it to the wonderful BYUH gym, we are proud of ourselves. Now you can all thank me for ending this blog and congratulate us on our daily routine of making it to the gym, I thank you...
No comments:
Post a Comment