I didn't plan on sending out a Christmas card , actually I didn't even think about it until a few days ago....when I started receiving some. It's much too late and I don't feel like spending the money so I whipped this digital card up (with the help of this blog) in place of sending out a card.
I hope everyone is enjoying the holidays!! We for sure are. It's been very relaxing and simple. Because of the lack of cold and snow it really doesn't seem like Christmas but we are in the desert. Multiple stakes hosted a live nativity and it was amazing. I look forward to seeing it next year. I've heard the story 500 hundred times and always understood the humility of Christs birth but to see the story acted out was something else. As I watched Joseph in the play with anxiety rushing to find a place for Mary to give birth it truly was humbling. My eyes were wet and the spirit was felt. I was reminded ever so clearly what Christmas was all about. I love this gospel, I love God and Jesus Christ who make themselves very present in my everyday life.
So many changes for us in 2011. Despite all the moving around and chaos 2011 was good to us. We are looking forward to the stability 2012 will bring (fingers crossed...PLEASE). We look forward to sticking around here and hopefully settling down in a house but ya know...who knows. For us that could change in a blink of an eye so keep checkin' up on this little blog because nothing slows down over here!
January to March our little family of 3 waited and waited for little Baron to arrive and once he did we were overjoyed. His little presence in our home has been calming....now that he will be walking in a few months that is sure to change! We packed up everything and stored it for 6 months while we worked for Vivint. We enjoyed a lively summer in the midwest, at parks, in sprinklers, seeing national monuments, more parks, the bugs, eating out WAY too much (or out of microwaves) and we were in the car a lot driving. We didn't really enjoy the last three :).We survived that adventure but realized it wasn't for us. Maybe it would have been before we had 2 munchkins but right now it's not our thing.
In October the summer selling season was over and we stayed home for 2 weeks to rest then hopped back in our car and went on another road trip. Crazy?? Yes. We went to UT, AZ, and CA. It was fun and our kids are now officially pros driving across country. We were home for about 2-3 weeks and realized we need to head to Las Vegas so here we are. We have been here since November 14 and we are loving it. Our ward is great there are about 10 sisters my age and there were only2 or so in Washington. We already got together for a girls night and we discussed it being a weekly activity so woo hoo! Levi discovered which night people play basketball so we are definitely getting settled.
2011 was a crazy year and there is no chance that 2012 could be that crazy. There is just no way! Looking forward to Christmas, we have been getting Lydia excited about Sanata Clause and we use him for every excuse around here. He will bring presents if you go potty in the toilet, be nice to your brother, and listen to mom and dad. (She has accidents every now and then but it is getting better. Major milestone! yay!) I am looking forward to ringing in the new year with Levi all cozy on the couch with popcorn, a few treats, and a bottle or 2 of Martinellis. I hope everyone is surrounded by their loved ones and enjoys Christmas and New year!

No comments:
Post a Comment