Pages

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Update

A lot has been going on the past couple months, I barely know where to start!

Change of plans, Levi has decided to go back to school.....big shocker I know!! He swore off school for the rest of his life after the last 21 credit term. After job shadowing, and a lot of thinking and praying Levi has decided to go back to school and become a nurse anesthetist. In case you don't know what that is wikipedia explains

"A Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist, or CRNA, (AE) is an Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN) who has acquired graduate level education and who specializes in the administration of anesthesia."

Graduate level....which means we have a lot more schooling ahead of us, like 6-7 years. Raise your hand...whose Jealous?! When Levi first broke the news to me that he wanted to go back to school my jaw dropped, I couldn't believe he was telling me this. I am 100% ok with it. I am even excited, it will be a long road but he is going to love it. It will also provide stability for the rest of our lives and provide a wonderful future for our family. He is starting school in January and hopefully will start LPN school by next fall. He just needs to finish the prereqs before then. At first I couldn't imagine him becoming anything close to a nurse but now I can, he will be great!

Another change Levi was called to be Young mens president in our ward. Levi is going to be SO busy. I am really excited for him and the boys need him right now, he will serve so well in young mens.

We've struggled a lot for the past couple months and figuring out what Levi is going to do and how we will get through it has been really comforting. Levi has taken a CNA course and will take the state test soon. Since Levi is going back to school we needed a job for inbetween and if the job worked with schooling that would be a bonus. We were having a hard time finding a job for Levi and not sure where he'd be working but he needed a job asap. On Friday after having a really emotional week Levi had 4 job opportunities. He went to an interview this morning and he starts work tomorrow at a dr's office, this Dr is #2 in Washington and can eventually give him a letter of recommendation into nursing school which would say a lot coming from her. Trusting in the lord is something we've really learned lately, we are in the right direction and heavenly father is providing for us. It's amazing. Last night for family home evening Levi shared a talk with me by Jeffrey R. Holland "For Times of Trouble." I encourage everyone to read this talk, especially when your feeling burdened by trials. His talks and testimony always hit to your core and he is so powerful. I was so touched by the entire talk here is a little preview he talks about Noah, Moses and Joseph Smith about their trials, then talks about President Kimball.


"President Kimball has had few days in the last 30 years which were not filled with pain or discomfort or disease. Is it wrong to wonder if President Kimball has in some sense become what he is not only in spite of the physical burdens but also in part because of them? Can you take courage from your shared sacrifice with that giant of a man who has defied disease and death, has defied the forces of darkness and cried, when there was hardly strength to walk, “Oh, Lord, I am yet strong. Give me one more mountain” (see Josh. 14:11–12).

Our trials are what make us who we are. In some crazy way I am grateful for every trial even though sometimes I don't know how we get through it we always do. Without the lord on our side I don't think we would. That talk is now one of my faves and means a lot to both of us now.
Ill end my novel now, I was due for an update it's been a long time.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck with heading back to school! (the hubby I mean) I will be thinking of you guys! And your little girl is so adorable! She is getting sooo BIG!

Taylor and Amanda Lines said...

thats what taylor is going to school for! we have about 5 years left! good luck! well maybe a little bit longer because of specialty.

Michelle & Todd said...

Wow! Lots of changes :) I am glad he found something he wants to do though! Hopefully it will be more interesting than a business degree at BYUH haha. Lydia is so cute! We miss you guys too.

Ang and Shawn said...

Hey! I work at a pediatric dental office and we have a nurse anesthetist come in 2 times a month to our office to do iv sedations for kids who are noncooperative. . . Its such a nice easy job. . .seriously. He only accepts cash and we pretty much do ALL of the work for him. It's seriously insane !!! He walks out of our office with lotsa cash! I am always so jealous of him! What a long road, but i'm sure it will be worth it!!!

Rachel {RandR Workshop} said...

Thanks for sharing that talk Steph!!

How exciting for Levi and for your family! The hardest part(i think) is figuring out what you want to do. Elliot is majoring in Mechanical Engineering and I am so happy he loves it. Because I think thats all that really matters in the end. is if it makes him happy.

I believe our family has been blessed while since we moved, and elliot started school. I truly believe a big part of it is because he went on his mission. We have been blessed in so many ways I can hardly count them all. its comforting to know we are where we are supposed to be and doing what we are supposed to be doing. We just had to have the faith to come and the lord took care of the rest.
Last night, I was thinking how blessed we are and why would heavenly father want to bless us? I had to realize that it IS because he loves us.

Adam+Tatum said...

Wow! a lot can happen in a few months! I need to call you and share a story with you.... it is too long to type.....but i think it will offer you even more peace of mind!