Life is a funny thing, it has it's good moments and it's bad. Lately it seems like there is a lot of sadness I see people have to deal with. I usually deal with it alright but every once in a while it really gets to me, it's really hard. I'm not necessarily talking about people close to me. People or situations that are hard to deal with, strangers, friends or acquaintances who are struggling. It's really hard for me to see people having a hard time, I don't always know what to say either, I just want to fix it. I feel useless. I know that I can't do that because that's how we all learn individually and that's critical. When I hear about people struggling or being seriously sick, it effects a lot of people and it really hits home to me. Now that I have my own little family it's very heart wrenching to hear about death, divorce, and sickness, etc. I know watching my children grow up will be even more difficult when they start dealing with trials...ooo I don't even want to go there.
Now that I have Lydia I worry more, which is normal but it can be overwhelming. I don't worry like crazy over everything, every once in a while I'll think about the future and then I am afraid something bad will happen and it scares me. It's hard to face the world when you know so much could go wrong. I worry about me, Levi or family getting sick or coming down with something really serious. How I would handle that, I don't know. No one close to me has died, it's kind of weird that I've never experience that. A long with the trials there is so much happiness, I know that I need to not let the sad things get to me, even though they can weigh me down at times. I just want to live a long healthy, life with my family that's all I want, and I hope that for my family too.
Does anyone else ever feel so overwhelmed by what goes on around them? I just had to get that off my chest, I know it wasn't the happiest post but it helps to get it out.
2 comments:
Steph, I am right there with you. This is such a hard time for so many people, at times I feel so powerless. Then, I remember the power of prayer , fasting and temple work! I pray and fast for people I don't even know....I just know of their struggles and it is the only in MY power to help them! You have such a kind/ tender heart.....you do and will do so much for so many......you will be blessed for that!
Thanks Tatum! Miss you and love you! I can't wait for you to come up and visit in a couple months, I hope that's still the plan!
Post a Comment