Pages

Friday, October 28, 2011

Binky.Potty training. Summer summary link up!

ok so forever ago specifically here I mentioned I was going to blog about Lydia's binky removal because it was comical and up to this point a very momentous occasion! I tend to promise future blogging and then forgot that I do and then it's forever a mystery to those who read this blog.

What I meant by momentous occasion up until this point....as of now Lydia is potty trained. I get that she will still have accidents but she had her first accident tonight and that's after 4 full days so I'd say she is potty trained alright! [So HAPPY!!!] Before I go into details about that I'll dig deeper back into the wretched Binky days (Wretched to me anyways).

Here are the videos and it pretty much sums it all up. I bribed her with a toy and she agreed to trade but wasn't happy about it. Just watch it's entertaining! I apologize for the mess we were in the CRAPPIEST hotel ever. We were in Alliance, Nebraska. Never stay at the American Inn. just don't. One bedroom for the 4 of us we had NO.ROOM. it was miserable. :( Yes that's a sheet on the floor, that carpet had never been cleaned and yes Baron toots in one of the videos. Excuse him. Yes, my grammar is less than impressive, I get nervous when I'm on video. Enjoy.



and Post Toy trip.



She still chants "No more binkies, no more binkies" We brainwashed her and now she chants "No more Diapers" Oh she is such a HOOT!!! We
"paid" for the toys with the binkies... genius. She didn't want to but I kinda forced her to :)

Ok so afterwards she did want her binky at bedtime but completely forgot about it until then and she cried a little but fell asleep pretty good and asked about it off and on but only when she got upset. I got so fed up with her sass I couldn't take one more thing so the binky had to go and once I got her the toys there was no turning back and it was the best thing ever afterwards!! No more losing stupid binkys, forgetting them when we went places and all that cruuuuud. So Bribery works and I would do it all over again.

ONTO the next adventure...Potty training.

We got home from our trip last Thursday I believe and we were so sick of going going and going I knew we wouldn't be going anywhere. So I knew it would be great to start the potty training while we camped out a home a few days. I got her some thick panties and the first couple days it was accident after accident pretty frustrating but we were patient and we weren't going to give up and right when we thought she'd never catch on all the sudden we didn't have an accident all day and then she is pooping on her potty! Craziness! It just clicked and now she is in sync with her body and recognizes the (forgive me) "urge." She had her first accident tonight after 3 days free of any accidents. We are in awe and so proud of her we didn't think she would catch on so quick.

Finally I found the time to blog. This summer I took a break from bloggin simply because I didn't have the time to dedicate to it. I spent my time well with my children and hubby since he was at work so much. Time together was very special before and after work. Now I will either not blog about some summer stuff or will just create a huge collage of pictures but who knows maybe I'll just pick up from here. We shall see!

Hope you found some humor here on this humble blog and oh yes I can't forget. My sister wrote a blogpost explaining my summer perfectly and she was only out with me for a little over a month. PLEASE read it. It is soooo stinking hilarious. If your curious about how my summer went read here and you will laugh and laugh AND THEN be so very grateful you weren't us. :) I will not be writing about this summer because it was too long for me and I don't exactly want to relive it but she did a great job! My summer wasn't all bad, it was fun, entertaining and tiring, but most of all I feel like my kids suffered from lack of a schedule. I feel bad they went through that and I can see how much better life has been since we have been home. That's all I am going to say about that. Worth it but it had it's moments.

One last thing...on the 26th (our anniversary) Baron decided to crawl. He seems so young, all 7 months of him, crawling? REALLY?! Lydia is leaving diapers and now baron is crawling my kids are growing up!!!

No comments: