Pages

Monday, August 22, 2011

Terrible Horrible Twos


In my previous post Michelle was right, I meant, I really am having a hard time liking her but of course I love my daughter. Man, being a Mother is so tough sometimes. That said Lydia is on a roll this week. It seems like everywhere we go she has a tantrum. A FULLOUTTANTRUM. Kicking & screaming. It's killing me. Not only is it completely embarrassing but I just have no clue what to do with her. The tantrums at home aren't any better of course. Discipline doesn't work with her, Time outs, spanking, taking toys away, nothing works. If I try and talk to her while she is screaming and crying it only makes it worse. Lucky me gets to sit and listen to her scream and cry, it is pure evil torture, because it lasts forever. I just sit there and look at her and I am borderline crying because I have no idea what to do and nothing works. She was so sweet for a few weeks and I knew it would end but polar opposite!!??? REALLY!!?
Another thing I'm worried about her binky causing problems with her mouth so I just want to be done with that. I've been distracting her with other things when she asks for it and it has been working. I know some people can handle their child having a binky after 2 but I can't and for Lydia it isn't good. Next time I have a child who likes a binky {Baron doesn't thank goodness!! HOLLAAAA} we will be nixing that before they can say no and before they are totally reliant on it for comfort.
Anyways I have taken a break on blogging I got so busy for a bit and just wanted to enjoy my "me time". I get very little "me time" these days. There are a few things I need to blog about and I feel bad. I haven't talked much about Baron and his growth like I did with Lydia :( the guilt gets to me!

Well, here is to me catching up, right!!!??

p.s} I totally hate how blogger makes pictures look fuzzy, yuck, what is up with that!!!?

2 comments:

Ang and Shawn said...

I'm sorry...good job on getting rid of the binky! It really is not good for their mouth.

Stay strong!

Anonymous said...

Every little one is different-- which amazes me. My Maddox went through something similar, and it got to the point where all I could do was hold him and sing to him. I had to be calm, and just hold him gently. Sometimes it worked right away, and sometimes it took longer. I hope it gets better for you. And that the binkie disappears. Being a mother is definitely an adventure-- but always worth even the worst moments. Thinking about you!