Pages

Thursday, May 28, 2009

Baby Shower and Memorial Day !

Isn't the cake adorable!! It's a baby blanket if you couldn't tell. My shower was so great and I was so happy a lot of people could make it, it was special. I got a lot of things I needed so that was great and more cute girly clothes. The ward is throwing me a shower next week! Yay! There is still a few things we need but we have a lot of stuff that has been given to us which has been a HUGE HUGE blessing.

This is my cousin Drew, she just started her 3rd trimester. We had to get a picture together, we don't see each other very often and were both prego so we just had to. I had 4 other women at the shower pregnant, I should have taken a group picture with them.

Gina Raban made me this beautiful quilt!!! I love it so much! She also made me a pretty nursing cover and a soft flannel blanket for lydia. O AND she made a cute matching bag for it all to fit it. She is amazing. She made the quilt in a day and a half. I couldn't believe it. I am obsessed with it.The fabric she picked out is bright and so colorful. Lydia is going to LOVE it all. I adopted Gina as another one of my Grandmas, she's been a close family friend for so many years. She treats me like a Granddaughter, I love her. I love homemade gifts so much. I've had quite a few people make me blankets for Lydia, they are all waiting for her in her crib for now. All of the homemade blankets have been so different I love them all. :)

Memorial day!!

What a fun day, slip n slide, Frisbee, basketball, BBQ, visiting with friends. The weather was fabulous, you never know what the weather will be like on this holiday...heck you never know even on July 4th. We have been blessed with such great weather this last week and a half.

Now I have my best friend Lauren coming in town for the weekend, I am so excited!!

5 comments:

daegan said...

sorry i missed your shower. i was recovering from having my baby! hope to see you soon sometime!

Alysha said...

cute cake! Hopefully Lydia comes soon!

Nicole said...

That is a FABULOUS quilt! I love it. You look adorable also!

Anonymous said...

How fun! Hooray for a good baby shower-- and LOVE the quilt! I am super excited for you to become a mommy-- it's amazing!

Cierra said...

wow that quilt is BEAUTIFUL! lucky you and lucky lydia!